Improving the management of the world’s forests
Our mission is to improve the management of the world’s forests, ensuring that forest management is environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial, and economically viable.
To do this we rely on the support and commitment of a great number of people all over the world, whose actions together have a huge impact.
- If you are a maker or seller of forest products, you can choose to become FSC-certified
- If you are a consumer, you can look out for the FSC tick tree logo, ask for, and purchase FSC-certified products
- If you are passionate about forests and want to make a difference to responsible forest management, consider becoming a member of FSC
- If you are a reseller or user of FSC-labelled products, you can choose to become a Promotional Licence Holder
- Get involved and help promote responsible management of the world's forests
FSC’s membership is made up of representatives from environmental and social groups, the timber trade and the forestry industry, indigenous people’s organizations, corporations, community forestry groups and forest product certification organizations from around the world.
Despite our diversity we are united by a common desire to see the world’s forests managed responsibly, bringing benefits for people and the environment.